Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My old Acer Aspire 9920g don`t want to boot from nothing. Please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old Acer Aspire 9920g don`t want to boot from nothing. Please help me!

I have Acer Aspire 9920G and that worked fine till 3 days ago. I stoped normaly and after that, when I press POWER button it show me just ACER logo and next o white line blinking in left top corner.

I tried to boot from usb bootable but still nothing (when I select to boot from USB next appear "press any key to boot from USB" but next second white line apear and nothing happened.
    I tried to make a freedos bootable usb.... and he said.... Loading FreeDOS and still white line blinking.

I tried a lot of things but everytime.... still nothing.

Sorry for my english!
    I`m waiting for an answer!

Re: My old Acer Aspire 9920g don`t want to boot from nothing. Please help me!

This has an NVidia 8600M GPU right? No artifacts on the screen? I would be surprised if the GPU is not dead…
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Does it get into Bios setup? is the hard disk easily recognized in Bios?

Comment

No artefacts on screen. Hard disk is easily recognized in bios.

Comment

I tried another hdd... Another usb stick... Same problem.

Comment

Try to enable post on BIOS, at restar read all' post and search if there is some errors like PCI etc

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
              Try to enable post on BIOS, at restar read all' post and search if there is some errors like PCI etc
              I don't know what you mean.

Comment

It's a simple Pheonix bios.

Comment

No Acer expert here?

Comment

Hi,

Since it works fine few days ago, i assume you did not
                    change any hard disk boot setting then. Make sure
                    your first boot is still your hard disk.

Second thing to check see if in bios menu use
                    diagnostic test to check your hard disk for any
                    error. Is your hard disk a sata type? Also recheck
                    in your bios hard disk setting, enable sata hard
                    disk.

That is all i can share for the moment.
                    Hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey5791 View Post
                      Hi,

Since it works fine few days ago, i assume you did not
                      change any hard disk boot setting then. Make sure
                      your first boot is still your hard disk.

Second thing to check see if in bios menu use
                      diagnostic test to check your hard disk for any
                      error. Is your hard disk a sata type? Also recheck
                      in your bios hard disk setting, enable sata hard
                      disk.

That is all i can share for the moment.
                      Hope it works.
                      Hard disk is empty now because I pulled out and formated and tested with my desktop. Even without hard disk, when I am trying to boot from freedos stick not working.

Comment

Now, a bigger problem, do not want to start anymore . All lights and cpu fan is starting but nothing on the screen.
                        Nobody cand help me to flash bios from that Fn+Esc?

Comment

99%your gpu is dead,reflow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa is auto View Post
                            99%your gpu is dead,reflow it.
                            How can I see if gpu is dead?

Comment

have you tried a bios recovery using crisis disk.here is a crisis disk with your bios.better use a 2gb stick or less.after creating your crisis disk,remove battery,insert usb stick,press at the same time fn+esc pluging charger,power on the notebook,you should see usb activity if it has a led,release fn and esc,laptop should reboot if everything is correct remove usb.good luck..second file is a video how to create crisis disk.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Symptom looks like the ATA controller took a shit...
                                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                                  Symptom looks like the ATA controller took a shit...
                                  I think you are close of the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                                    have you tried a bios recovery using crisis disk.here is a crisis disk with your bios.better use a 2gb stick or less.after creating your crisis disk,remove battery,insert usb stick,press at the same time fn+esc pluging charger,power on the notebook,you should see usb activity if it has a led,release fn and esc,laptop should reboot if everything is correct remove usb.good luck..second file is a video how to create crisis disk.
                                    Thank you for your effort. I tryed what you writed to me but no activity on my stick. I have a 4Gb stick formated in FAT with a red led. WTF is wrong with my laptop. Nothing is how must to be.

ONCE AGAIN.... SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!

Comment

Today I pulled out vga card and turned on my laptop without gpu. For half of a second I saw white display and after that the display is dark grey.
                                      I think this laptop has a short electric somewhere because it feels bad when I touch it. can the problem be from that?

Comment

It is normal to show white screen without the VGA pluged in. All acers do the same without vga pluged in. If you can see Acer logo on startup but stucks there , remove all devices and usb cables, change the ddr mem with a "known good working one" and start the machine. Also you must see if it gets easily in BIOS. If it doesn't , reflash the BIOS with an external flasher.. Don't reflow or reball VGA if you dont have artifacts.

Comment

Working...
                                        X